Enrollment Procedurefor Non-Program Students
Graduate students in other programs as well as non-degree-seeking students are welcome to request enrollment in, or to audit, Communication elective courses; however, if you are not in either the the M.S. in Communication or CRDM doctoral programs, you cannot enroll yourself in COM-prefix courses. Here is the procedure for enrollment:
- Make note of the course name, course number, section number, and the instructor.
- Email the instructor (see our Faculty & Staff page for addresses) with the above details, along with your request to enroll. Provide a brief explanation for your interest in taking the class.
- If approved, the professor must forward his/her approval in an email to the Graduate Services Coordinator (GSC), copying you.
- In turn, you will need to send the following information directly to the GSC in order to be enrolled:
- the name of the course, course number, section number;
- your full name;
- indicate if you are on the Graduate Student Support Plan (GSSP) in the event the course needs to be “swapped” for another to maintain your required minimum hours; and
- your Student ID#.
Note: Communication master’s students have priority enrollment over non-program students although most COM-prefix 500-level courses have 700-level equivalents and seats are reserved for each level. There is a slight risk non-COM program students could be bumped from courses of choice should enrollment reach capacity and COM-program students need to take courses.
Contact the department’s Graduate Services Coordinator with questions.