Dr Jessica Katz Jameson
- Vita: download vita
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 919-515-9737
Professor Jameson teaches undergraduate courses in organizational communication, conflict management, and nonprofit leadership. Graduate seminars include organizational communication and organizational conflict management. Dr. Jameson is also a member of the faculty for the PhD in Communication Rhetoric and Digital Media.
Professor Jameson has facilitated mediation training for faculty and college administrators and serves as a mediator for NC State's Employee Mediation Program. Other professional activities include workshops on conflict management and the facilitation of organizational planning sessions. Professor Jameson is an Engaged Faculty Fellow and an Affiliated Faculty with the Institute for Nonprofit Research, Education, and Engagement.
Teaching and Research Interests
Professor Jameson is currently involved in several interdisciplinary research projects including an assessment of mediation in state government, the institutionalization of engaged scholarship, and the role of communication in nonprofit governance. Collaborators include graduate students and faculty in Communication, Rhetoric and Digital Media, Adult and Higher Education, Public Administration, and well several community organizations. Dr. Jameson's research areas also include conflicts in health care settings, the role of emotion in conflict management, and workplace mediation and dispute system design.
Professor Jameson has presented papers at several conferences on topics including board communication, emotion and mediation, managerial third-party intervention, dispute system design, and health communication. She has published articles in the Western Journal of Communication, the International Journal of Conflict Management, Conflict Resolution Quarterly, the Journal of Health Communication, Negotiation Journal, and the Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement. Dr. Jameson has also published chapters in several edited books such as Case Studies in Mediation, Case Studies in Organizational Communication, and the Handbook of Communication and Conflict.
- PhD in Communication from Temple University, 1999
- COM 442 - 001 – SyllabusCommunication and Conflict Management01:30 - 02:45 M W213 Winston Hall
- COM 527 - 001Seminar in Organizational Conflict Management06:00 - 08:45 M205 Winston Hall
- COM 630 - 007Independent Study in CommunicationTBA
- COM 798 - 009Special Topics in Communication06:00 - 08:45 M205 Winston Hall
- CRD 890 - 018Doctoral Preliminary ExamTBA
- CRD 893 - 008Doctoral Supervised ResearchTBA
- CRD 895 - 013Doctoral Dissertation ResearchTBA
- MLS 676 - 006Independent ProjectTBA