PCMS Certificate Requirements
This interdisciplinary certificate requires a total of 12 credit hours, with 6 hours taken in the Poole College of Management and 6 hours taken in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- BUS 501 Strategic Management Foundations
- BUS 554 Project Management
Select two of the following:
- COM 521 Communication and Globalization
- COM 527 Seminar in Organizational Conflict Management
- COM 530 Interpersonal Communication in Science/Technology Organizations
Students must complete the required credit hours with an overall 3.0 GPA. Credit toward the certificate in a particular course will be awarded only if a grade of B- or better is given in the course. All classes in the program must be taken for a letter grade. No transfer credits will be accepted, and the certificate must be completed within four years.
A student may obtain more than one graduate certificate; however, each certificate must have at least 9 credit hours, which are unique to the program. This particular certificate requires 12 credit hours. All courses must be distance education sections to qualify for the certificate.
- While enrolled in a degree program, graduate certificate courses may be double-counted with the degree courses to the extent that the courses unique to the degree remain 18 hours for each master’s or 36 hours for a doctorate.
- Courses used in a previous undergraduate degree shall not be used in a certificate.
- Certificate and graduate minor coursework shall not be shared. A student getting a minor using a set of coursework may not also get a certificate using that same coursework.
- Up to 9 hours of coursework taken in a previous degree program may be used in a certificate, provided that there is no break between the degree and the certificate. Where there is a break of at least one term, only 6 hours taken while in the degree program may be used in the certificate.